Saturday, July 25, 2015

Alreddy Coffee & Cafe

Alreddy enough…
don't wear out the welcome mat

The Front Dining Room
     We'd love to have a place like the Alreddy Café in our neighborhood.  It's quaint, vibrant, and adds some new twists to a menu that deals with basic café fare.  Service is laid back with the feel that this is a family owned and operated restaurant.  (That's just an assumption.)  I've been there 
Side Porch Dining
3 times in the past 9 days, which would lead one to believe that it's a pretty special place.  That's true, but I don't want to get tired of it early on so I must let up this week.

Hot Ham & Brie Sandwich
     Having been there several times for lunch, I feel like I can give it a pretty fair review.  On my first visit I picked the Choose Two from a wide choice of sandwiches, quiche, salads and sides.  I went with the Hot Ham & Brie half sandwich and Tortillas with Mango Salsa and Red Pepper Hummus.  I had asked the server for suggestions on a side, but he pointed to the Fruit Salad and Fried Pickles.  I'm sure they're good, but neither struck a cord with me.  The sandwich came with chopped cucumber, tomato and onion with a creamy Raspberry Dressing.  All was good except the dressing portion was a little overwhelming making the sandwich difficult to eat and masking some other flavors.  The tortillas were abundant and the homemade salsa was pleasing.  It was nice to mix it with the hummus.  Karen had 
Tuna Melt with
Funnel Veggies & Dip
the Choose Two with Tuna Melt and Funnel of Fresh Veggies & Dip.  Jeff went with my second choice: the French Dip.  Both were hits.  We were sitting next to the pastry case and I had my eye on the scones.  I eventually took a Mocha and Caramel one with me, but I found it on the dry side.  That may be more traditional, but I love my scones soft and creamy (thank you Jenny at Bluebird Bakery in Glendale). 

French Dip
with Alreddy House Salad







     Dominic accompanied me for my second visit.  He had the Trio Salad with two servings of Egg Salad and one of Chicken Salad.  He found the egg very tasty, but the chicken was a little on the dry side.  I did Choose Two again with the French Dip and Alreddy House Salad, a combination of greens, toasted pecans, craisins, feta, strawberries and cucumber with an apple cider vinaigrette dressing.  Very nice.  We topped it off with their Cherry Cheese Cobbler, which I found to be like a pound cake, rather than a traditionally crumbled pie.  

Quiche of the Day and Seafood Bisque



     For my third visit, Eric and I went together for a late brunch.  He had Choose Two (there's a trend here) with the Quiche and cup of Seafood Bisque.  The quiche was an individual serving made with asparagus that day.  The bisque sounded so good I had to have a cup also.  It was full of seafood pieces in a rich cream that made us lap up the entire cup.  My Broken Yoke Angus Sandwich was 
Broken Yoke Angus Sandwich and Seafood Bisque
more than I expected.  It was piled high with a "runny" egg, as I preferred.  I think the next time I'll order it with just one slice of bread as it would make it easier to eat with more emphasis on the egg and various fillings.  We ended with the Peaches & Cream Cake–a variation on the cobbler from a few days back.  
Peaches & Cream Cake
Served warm, this one was the 2009 winner of Best Dessert at The Taste of Northern CIncinnati.  And one should not forget that this is a coffee house too.  They serve excellent brews.

     I see another visit in my future…soon!


Click to add a blog post for Alreddy Coffee & Cafe on Zomato

No comments: